Sweet Potato & Pecan Pie with Cinnamon Cream
Sweet potato and pecan pie topped with cinnamon cream is the perfect combination! This pie is always a hit during the holidays!
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, baked, peeled and kept warm
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- CINNAMON CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a small mixing bowl, combine egg, corn syrup, light brown sugar, margarine and maple flavoring; mix well. Stir in pecans and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat warm sweet potatoes with margarine until smooth. Add condensed milk, orange zest, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and eggs; mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven; spoon topping evenly over pie. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Cool. Serve warm or chilled.
In a medium-size bowl over ice, whisk heavy cream. Add cinnamon and sugar, and whisk to medium-stiff peaks. Serve alongside pie.
You'll also love
- Springtime Berry Salad 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Fruit Ambrosia 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Birthday Sheetcake 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Applewood Smoked Turkey Breast... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Lemony Kale and Radish Saute 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Pineapple No Bake Cheesecake 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Green Beans with Potatoes & Ham 3.9/5 (255 Votes)
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes with... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)