Southern Strawberry-Pineapple Punch Bowl Cake
This is a great strawberry cake dessert for a dinner party that will impress everyone but simple enough to enjoy anytime your heart desires. Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is also perfect for any baby shower, bridal shower, BBQ, or birthday party. Filled with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen strawberries, yellow cake mix, and Cool Whip, this recipe is easy to make and super delicious!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (6-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 (16-ounce) carton Cool Whip
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat an oven to 350°F.
Mix the cake batter according to the directions given in the package.
Divide the cake batter into two round cake pans.
Bake the cakes set aside to cool.
Mix the pudding according to the directions given in the package. Refrigerate.
Cut one layer of cake into small chunks; put in punch bowl.
Spread half of the pudding on top; then add half of the pineapple and 1 package of strawberries.
Slice one banana on top; add1/2 carton of Cool Whip, spreading to cover completely.
Repeat with the other layer ending with Cool Whip.
Put the cake in the refrigerator overnight so that the strawberries will thaw and their juices will infuse the cake. Serve chilled.
You'll also love
- Fresh Cucumber Salad 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Banana Bread (Facebook) 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Rudy’s Creamed Corn 3.8/5 (110 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad with... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- No Bake Strawberry Cake 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup (Slow Cooker) 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Chinese New Year Cake 4.6/5 (28 Votes)