Southern Triple Decker Strawberry Cake
Looking for the perfect dessert for a special occasion? This Southern Triple-Decker Strawberry Cake recipe is the perfect treat for any celebration!
- STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (32-ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat cake mix, strawberry gelatin, eggs, sugar, chopped fresh strawberries, milk, vegetable oil and all-purpose flour at low speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Scrape down sides, and beat at medium speed for 2 more minutes, stopping to scrape down sides, as needed. The strawberries should be well blended.
Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
Bake for 23 minutes, or until cakes spring back when pressed lightly with a finger. Let cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely.
To make frosting, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy (about 20 seconds). Add sugar and strawberries, beating at low speed until creamy. (Add more sugar if frosting is too thin, or add strawberries if too thick.)
Spread the frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with whole and halved strawberries. Serve immediately, or chill for up to 1 week.
You'll also love
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.3/5 (188 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon & Cheese Dip 4.4/5 (143 Votes)
- Furr's Cafeteria "Pineapple... 4/5 (215 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Best Chocolate Cake 4.3/5 (149 Votes)
- Cranberry Christmas Cake 3.8/5 (483 Votes)
- Corbo's Bakery Cassata Cake 3.9/5 (252 Votes)
- Limoncello Cake with Mascarpone... 3.8/5 (536 Votes)