Cranberry Walnut Swirl Cookie Recipe
Sweet and tart flavors hook up gorgeously in these yummy Cranberry Walnut Swirl cookies. One of our families favorite Christmas cookies!
- 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread
- 1/2 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1/8 cup non-dairy milk with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 320mins
Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
Using an electric mixer beat buttery spread, sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl until fluffy. Stir in dry ingredients.
Shape dough on wax paper into a five inch square. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1/2 an hour.
Make the filling by processing cranberries, walnuts, and orange peel in the food processor until finely chopped.
On a sheet of waxed paper, roll dough into a 10 inch square.
Mix non-dairy milk and brown sugar and brush onto dough. Evenly sprinkle dough with cranberry mixture leaving a 1/2 inch border on 2 opposite edges.
From one border roll the dough into a tight log, pressing to seal at the opposite edge. If the dough is crumbly use the waxed paper to help form the log, lifting the paper to bring up the dough and use your other hand to gently roll the dough while continuing to lift the dough with the paper. Wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare the cookie sheets.
Cut the log thaw into 1/4 inch slices. Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes until just beginning to brown around the edges.
To make handling easier, sandwich the dough between sheets of wax paper when rolling. If the dough is very crumbly you can even knead the dough briefly to form a more cohesive dough before rolling
You'll also love
- Rainbow Fruit Kabobs 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- World's Best Lemon Bars 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Peaches ‘n Cream Cupcakes 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Tender Slow-Cooker Mushroom Lamb... 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Eggnog pudding shots 4.1/5 (50 Votes)
- Gooey Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Quick Bread 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)