Tender Slow-Cooker Mushroom Lamb Shanks
Make lamb shanks in your slow cooker for an impressive supper when you get home from work that looks like you've been in the kitchen all day. Serve with some homemade mashed potatoes.
- 3 1/2 pounds lamb shanks, excess fat removed
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, washed and scrubbed of dirt, halved
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with juices
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Parsley, garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 505mins
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Put onion, mushrooms, red pepper, carrots and celery a 5-6-quart slow cooker.
Then add in the canned tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, garlic, rosemary, cinnamon, sugar, salt and pepper.
Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper and place on top of other ingredients. Pour beef broth and wine over the top.
Cover mixture and cook on low for 8 hours.Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly, garnish with parsley.
You'll also love
- Eggnog pudding shots 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Shrimp Scampi 3.9/5 (92 Votes)
- Ranch (or Caesar) Chicken & Rice 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Creamy Baked Eggs For Two 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheesy Corn Grits w/ Country Ham 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Salisbury Steak with Caramelized... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Gooey Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Texas-Style Smoked Brisket 4.2/5 (39 Votes)