Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
Easy and delicious quick bread for the holidays or any time of the year.
- 6 cups flour (I used 4 cups all purpose and 2 cups bread flour-but you can use only all purpose)
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 to 5 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2-1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- zest of one orange
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- This recipe makes 4 (9 x 5) loaf pans breads
- Optional: 1 to 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line each 9 x 5 loaf pan with aluminum foil. Spray bottom & sides of foil. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add cranberries & nuts (optional) and stir to distribute evenly.
5. In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, oil, sugar and orange zest..
6. Use a spatula, fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. DO NOT OVERMIX. (a few flour lumps will not hurt recipe)
7. Evenly spoon mixture into prepared pans. Fill no higher than 3/4 full.
8. Bake breads for 35-45 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
10. Remove from pans (with foil).
11. Brush top with melted butter and than sprinkle with sugar.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Cheese Coffeecake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Red Potato Roasted Garlic Mashed... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Chiffon Pie 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Bread 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Cocktail 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Orangettes: French Candied Orange... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Cherry Chicken Salad 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
Review this recipe