Peaches ‘n Cream Cupcakes
Peach filled peach cake topped with creamy peach frosting. The perfect cupcake for peach lovers!
- PEACH CUPCAKES:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peach puree *see below
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- FRESH PEACH PUREE & FILLING:
- 3 cups sliced fresh white peaches
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- PEACHES N’ CREAM FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh peach puree, strained
- 6 ounces cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ouncse cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- FOR ASSEMBLY:
- Wilton Harvest Peach Food Coloring Gel
- Wilton 1M piping tip & disposable bag
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
FRESH PEACH PUREE & FILLING:
Mix everything together and sit out on the counter, uncovered for 20 minutes.
Reserve 1 cup for the cupcake filling.
Place the rest in the blender and blend until smooth. This will be used in the frosting.
FRESH PEACH CUPCAKES:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
In a large bowl, whisk together the peach puree, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
In three parts, add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Add the vinegar and mix until incorporated. DO NOT OVER MIX.
Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full with batter.
Bake for 17 to 19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 2 to 3 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
PEACHES N’ CREAM FROSTING:
In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter & cream cheese until smooth.
Add the strained peach puree and beat until combined.
Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth.
Add the salt and the vanilla extract.
Add a drop of Harvest Peach food coloring gel to tint slightly orange.
Beat on medium-high speed until incorporated.
Switch to the whisk attachment and whip until doubles in size. Stop as soon as it doubles or it will collapse.
If the mixture is very soft, chill for 20 minutes before frosting.
Core the center out of each cupcake.
Fill with diced peaches.
Using a Wilton 1M tip, pipe swirls of frosting onto each cupcake.
Top with pink sugar pearls.
You'll also love
- The Irish Potatoes 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Birthday Cake Jello Shots 4.2/5 (56 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Waffle... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Banana Jumbo Muffins 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Irish Apple Crumble Cake 4.1/5 (48 Votes)
- Rosé Wine Cupcakes 4.3/5 (39 Votes)