Sesame Noodles with Chicken & Asparagus
You'll love the Thai-Asian flavor of this very quick dinner - 30 minutes from start to finish. The sauce has a little fresh ginger-chili-garlic kick.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 12 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 pound asparagus , trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook chicken until no longer pink, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
Add pasta to boiling water and cook until just beginning to soften, about 8 minutes.
Add asparagus to pot and cook until bright green and pasta is al dente, about 4 minutes.
Reserve 1 cup cooking water, drain pasta and asparagus, and return to pot.
Whisk peanut butter, vinegar, oyster sauce, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and ½ cup pasta cooking water in bowl until smooth.
Add peanut butter mixture and chicken to pot and toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Serve.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Creamy Herbed Chicken... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Chicken 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Classic Macaroni Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- crockpot macaroni and cheese 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)