Slow Cooker Creamy Herbed Chicken Stew
Delicious Slow-Cooker Creamy Herbed Chicken Stew! Set it in the morning and let your slow cooker do the rest for a stress free weeknight meal.
- 2 cups baby-cut carrots
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (32-ounce carton)
- 1 cup snap pea pods
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 455mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Place carrots, potatoes, onion and celery in 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker.
Sprinkle half of the thyme, the salt and pepper over vegetables in slow cooker. Place chicken on vegetables. Pour broth over top.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (180°F) and vegetables are tender. Add pea pods; cook 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker to serving bowl, using slotted spoon. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm. Increase cooker to high heat setting. Mix whipping cream, flour and remaining thyme; stir into liquid in cooker. Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
Chop the onions and slice the celery the night before; refrigerate in plastic wrap or covered plastic containers. Wait until morning to cut potatoes to prevent their turning brown.
You'll also love
- Banana Split Brownie Pie 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Cauliflower Casserole 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Almost-Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Chicken 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Soup with... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie (King Arthur... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.3/5 (48 Votes)