Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad
Impress everyone at your next potluck or cookout with this amazing Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad. So full of flavor, everyone will want this recipe.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup scallions, minced
- 1 pound napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
Adapted from thegrowingfoodie.com
In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, ginger, oil, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, and salt, until well combined. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture into a small baking dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, turning occasionally.
With the remaining mixture, add the vinegar and scallions. Set aside.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill the chicken about 5-8 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes. Then slice the chicken into thin slices.
Meanwhile, toss cabbage, carrots, scallions, cilantro, sliced chicken, and almonds together with the dressing. Evenly spread the salad over 4 plates and top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Greek-Style Chicken Breasts 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken a la King 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Tomato - Cucumber Mozzarella Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Asian-Style Spicy Coleslaw 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Kasbah Chicken Kabobs 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken with Mustard Soy Sauce 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla 4.6/5 (18 Votes)