Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Warm Bacon Dressing
Grilled shrimp top this spinach and egg salad and topped with the warm bacon dressing. Perfect full meal salad for dinner. Serve with some hot rolls to soak up the dressing drips on your plate.
- 8 cups fresh, washed baby spinach, dried really well
- 3 boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 pound of fresh, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, you can substitute cider vinegar if needed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from southernbite.com
GRILL THE SHRIMP:
Place grill pan on grill and set burners to high. Sprinkle shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and toss to coat. Place shrimp on grill pan. Grill shrimp 2-3 minutes per side. They will be firm and white when fully cooked-check often, being careful not to overcook.
MAKE THE DRESSING:
In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, honey and mustard. Heat bacon drippings in sauce pan on low. When drippings are warm, slowly pour in the vinegar mixture. Whisk all ingredients together until mixed well. Keep whisking on low temp til the dressing is emulsified.
PREPARE THE SALAD:
Place spinach on large platter. Arrange the grilled shrimp,crumbled bacon, and onion on top of greens. Gently drizzle with warm dressing. Add egg slices. Toss gently to serve.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti with Toasted Garlic... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Fried Green Tomatoes 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Mr. B's Barbecued Shrimp 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Breakfast Pie - Impossibly Easy... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Sweet Ginger Pork Chops 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Cucumber Kale Salad with Vegan... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Guacamole with Blue Cheese & Bacon 4.4/5 (13 Votes)