Calling all seafood lovers, this shrimp scampi recipe is the perfect dinner when you want something easy and light to throw together quickly.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (16/20 count)
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 dashes hot sauce, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Minced fresh parsley, for topping
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Boil water for the pasta and have it ready.
Melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until the onions are translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, then stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Squeeze in the lemon juice. Add the wine, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Stir and reduce the heat to low.
Throw the angel hair pasta into the boiling water. Cook until just al dente. Drain, reserving a cup or 2 of the pasta water.
Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the pasta and toss, adding a splash of pasta water if it needs to be thinned. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed. Top with the grated Parmesan and minced parsley and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Italian Tomato Salad 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Italian rosemary olive oil crock... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Latin Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Healthy Pork Lo Mein 4/5 (16 Votes)
- SQUID - Sambal Sotong (Squid... 3.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Tuna Pasta Salad with Dill and Peas 4.3/5 (15 Votes)