Breakfast Pie - Impossibly Easy Sausage
- (The picture looks like ham, not sausage.)
- 1 package (12 oz) bulk pork sausage save $
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) save $
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage, bell pepper and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Mix sausage mixture, potatoes and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spread in pie plate.
3. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.