Bacon & Egg Potato Salad
This was a huge hit, everyone loved it - even those who are not fans of potato salad, this dish one them over and we'll definitely be making this again... and again!
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, saute the bacon in a skillet over low heat until crispy, about 12 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat, cover and let stand 6 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool; peel and chop.
Drain the potatoes (do not rinse), transfer to a baking sheet and let cool 6 to 8 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, scallions, red onion, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and add the bacon and hard-cooked eggs; fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Serve at room temperature.
You'll also love
- OATMEAL COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- 30-Minute Beef Stroganoff 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- CARAMEL APPLE NACHOS 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Scrumptious Apple Pie 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Pesto Caprese Potato Salad 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Pork Chops in the Pressure Cooker 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Sliced Sweet Potato Pie 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Easy Balsamic Pork Chops 4.4/5 (38 Votes)