Pesto Caprese Potato Salad
This potato salad is perfect on a hot day when basil and tomatoes are fresh. Make extra of the Easy Pesto and use it to marinate chicken, or on pasta.
- 2 pounds baby yellow potatoes, halved
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Easy Pesto
- 6 ounces grape or cherry tomato halves
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- EASY PESTO:
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse under cold running water. Gently toss together potatoes, Easy Pesto, tomato halves, mozzarella cheese, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Pulse basil leaves, garlic cloves, and pine nuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add olive oil; process until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.