Pan-fried T-Bone Steak
I didn't think it would work but I followed directions to the "T" and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Better than any broiled steak. Tastes great served with mashed or baked potatoes and your favorite veggies.
- 2 pound T-bone steak (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons oil, like peanut, corn, or soy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 22mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
About 1/2 hour before cooking the steak, set steak on counter to bring to room temperature.
Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush the steak all over with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to high, add the steak and cook, turning once, until well browned. It should take about 7 minutes for the first side, and 4 minutes on the second side, for medium-rare.
Hold the steak with tongs and sear the edges. (An instant-read thermometer inserted perpendicularly into the steak registers 125 degrees F for medium rare.)
Transfer the steak to cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Cut the tenderloin and strip from the bone, and slice against the grain. Transfer to a serving platter and serve au natural, with mustard, compound butter, or horseradish sauce.
You'll also love
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders 4.6/5 (189 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Baked Chicken 4.1/5 (330 Votes)
- Fail-Proof Pizza Dough & Cheesy... 4.1/5 (407 Votes)
- Authentic Tiramisu 4.4/5 (209 Votes)
- 3 Envelope Roast 4.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Texas Roadhouse Sirloin Beef Tips 3.8/5 (383 Votes)
- Quicker than rice krispie treats... 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Wasabi & Honey Glazed Salmon 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin - 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Steakhouse London Broil 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Sauteed Zucchini... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Prime Rib for Two 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Southern Ham Steak with Red-Eye... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Simple Grilled Ham Steaks with... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Simple & Perfect Beef Tenderloin -... 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Pears with Dried Apricots... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Round Steak Diane 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Flat-Iron Steak 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Panera / Saint Louis Bread Co's... 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Flank Steak with Loaded Smashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oriental Steak 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey, Caramelized Onion, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PRIME RIB FOR TWO 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Style London Broil 0/5 (0 Votes)
- NY Strip Steaks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Flank Steak Teriyaki Barbecue 0/5 (0 Votes)