Marscarpone Stuffed French Toast
Your search is over for a delicious and perfect brunch! Takes a little effort but the results are amazing! Picture this, French toast prepared with a vanilla-bourbon brioche topped with brandied peaches and mascarpone filling, then drizzled with a bourbon syrup after adding a pad of smoked butter. Enough said, enjoy!
- VANILLA-BOURBON BRIOCHE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Bulleit bourbon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- BOURBON SYRUP:
- 1 cup 100 percent maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Bulleit Bourbon
- BRANDIED PEACHES:
- 1 1/2 cups brandy
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 large ripe peaches halved, pitted, and peeled
- MASCARPONE FILLING:
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1 jar brandied peaches, diced, reserving 1/2 cup for presentation
- EGG WASH:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- SMOKED BUTTER:
- 1 cup hickory chips
- 1/2 pound butter (Kerry Gold recommended)
- Note: This is better performed outside the house
Preparation time 32mins
Cooking time 99mins
Adapted from thelocalpalate.com
In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add flour and sugar. Mix in vanilla and bourbon. In separate bowl, whisk yeast into eggs and milk.
Add to flour mixture. Mix for 3 to 4 minutes on low speed, adding butter in thirds (at beginning, middle, and end). After each addition, allow butter to incorporate evenly before adding more.
Pour batter into 9×5-inch buttered loaf pan. Let proof at room temperature for 1 hour, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 300˚F for 20 minutes.
Mix slowly and reserve.
Combine brandy, sugar, and water in small pot. Bring to gentle boil.
Stack peach halves in Mason jar. Pour hot liquid over peaches. Cover tightly with lid.
Place in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and can for 20 minutes. Let cool and store in cool, dry place.
Let mascarpone come to room temperature in mixing bowl.
Whip mascarpone until slightly fluffy, then add diced peaches.
Combine eggs, milk, and buttermilk in mixing bowl then whisk thoroughly. Season with salt, cinnamon, and turbinado sugar.
Place chips in metal bowl. Set chips on fire with torch and let burn until coals begin to appear.
Fill deep casserole dish ¼ full with ice. Place butter in shallow dish that will fit in casserole dish. Place it over ice.
Pour smoldering chips onto exposed ice, then cover both pans with aluminum foil to trap smoke. Smoke 5 minutes, uncover, and whip butter in mixer until smooth.
Cut brioche into 8 ½-inch sandwich slices. Dredge slices in egg wash.
Heat skillet over medium or medium-high heat and slowly cook slices with plenty of butter until toasted, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board.
Spread 4 slices evenly with whipped mascarpone and peaches. Top with other 4 slices. Remove to plate and top with smoked butter and drizzle with maple bourbon syrup.
You'll also love
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.4/5 (197 Votes)
- Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins 3.8/5 (290 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (199 Votes)
- Chicken & Asparagus Crepes 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Marbled Easter Egg Truffles 4.5/5 (183 Votes)
- Easter Bunny Racers 4.6/5 (168 Votes)
- Strawberry Soufflé Pancakes 4.4/5 (108 Votes)