Hungarian Mushroom Soup
"My family loves soup and this is one of their favorites. It has lots of flavor and is fairly quick to make. It's primarily a mushroom soup but derives a lot of its flavor from other ingredients." — HAMM
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil.
You'll also love
- Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes 4.5/5 (133 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad 4.5/5 (133 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack - Crab Cakes 4.3/5 (159 Votes)
- Super Sloppy Joes 4.6/5 (124 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff without Mushrooms 4/5 (197 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta Sauce 4.5/5 (108 Votes)
- Beef Stew (Pressure Cooker) 4.5/5 (110 Votes)