Hungarian Mushroom Soup
"My family loves soup and this is one of their favorites. It has lots of flavor and is fairly quick to make. It's primarily a mushroom soup but derives a lot of its flavor from other ingredients." — HAMM
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil.
You'll also love
- Pasta Fagioli Slow Cooker Crock... 4.4/5 (153 Votes)
- Strawberry Bonbons 4.4/5 (146 Votes)
- Beef Quesadillas 4.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Southern Triple Decker Strawberry... 4/5 (206 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta Sauce 4.3/5 (146 Votes)
- Mushroom Asiago Chicken 4.4/5 (120 Votes)
- Country Cabbage Soup 4.5/5 (111 Votes)