Quick and easy dinner with these ground beef quesadillas. Starting with ground beef and making your own taco seasoning, this is a perfect weeknight meal. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Butter, for spreading
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Stir in refried beans, green chilies, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Heat another skillet to medium-low heat. Brush one side of a tortilla with butter, place butter side down into the pan. Evenly sprinkle cheese over the top of the entire tortilla. On one half on top of the tortilla, add some of the meat mixture. Cook until the bottom has browned and the cheese has melted. With a spatula fold the half of the tortilla without the meat mixture over the half with the meat mixture and press down. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Cut into wedges and serve.
You'll also love
- Steak Marinade 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits 4.5/5 (136 Votes)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Pasta 4.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Chef Bob Warden's Baby Back Ribs 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Crockpot Barbecue Pulled Pork 4.5/5 (132 Votes)
- Pasta Fagioli Slow Cooker Crock... 4.6/5 (130 Votes)
- Super Sloppy Joes 4.6/5 (122 Votes)