Quick and easy dinner with these ground beef quesadillas. Starting with ground beef and making your own taco seasoning, this is a perfect weeknight meal. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Butter, for spreading
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Stir in refried beans, green chilies, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Heat another skillet to medium-low heat. Brush one side of a tortilla with butter, place butter side down into the pan. Evenly sprinkle cheese over the top of the entire tortilla. On one half on top of the tortilla, add some of the meat mixture. Cook until the bottom has browned and the cheese has melted. With a spatula fold the half of the tortilla without the meat mixture over the half with the meat mixture and press down. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Cut into wedges and serve.
You'll also love
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Panda Express-Style Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta 4.2/5 (192 Votes)
- King's Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Rolls 4.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bottom... 4.3/5 (158 Votes)
- Pasta Fagioli Slow Cooker Crock... 4.5/5 (136 Votes)
- Super Sloppy Joes 4.6/5 (124 Votes)
- Oven Baked Tacos 4.3/5 (155 Votes)