Mushroom Asiago Chicken
- seasoned flour:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 large)
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup seasoned flour
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1.Pound chicken breast with a meat mallet between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap until meat is uniform thickness; about 1/4-inch. Cut into serving-sized pieces (2 or 3 pieces per breast)
2.Heat the butter with 1 tbsp olive oil n deep, heavy skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
3.Dredge chicken in seasoned flour. Add to hot oil/butter in skillet. Saute until golden on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
4.Add remaining olive oil to hot skillet. Saute mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms begin to brown.
5.Add white wine to skillet, scraping up all the browned bits that are at the bottom of the pan. Add thyme to mushroom/wine mixture in pan.
6.Add the chicken back to the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
7.Remove chicken from pan. Add the cream and heat through. Add the Asiago cheese
8.Cook, stirring constantly over low heat until cheese melts. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced by about 1/2.Add chicken back to pan and heat through.
May be served over any pasta.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with... 4.3/5 (132 Votes)
- Mexican Seasoning Blend 4.2/5 (178 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mexican Chicken 4.1/5 (192 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Tomatoes,... 4.5/5 (86 Votes)
- Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce -... 4.4/5 (81 Votes)
- Chicken in White Wine 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
Review this recipe