Slow Cooker Japanese Onion Soup
This soup couldn't be more simple and is a great addition to any asian style dinner. I had this broth simmering on my counter all day long, and the outcome was nothing short of fantastic.
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium celery stalks
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium fat free
- 1 medium Onion, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced (Optional Garnish)
Adapted from theskinnyfork.com
Place everything but the mushrooms and green onions into a slow cooker.
I added in the bottom halves of the chopped green onions at this time as well and reserved the green upper halves for garnishing.
Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
An hour before serving remove the cooked veggies from the crock pot with a slotted spoon
Place the sliced mushrooms into the crock pot with the broth.
Give it all a good stir.
Cover to cook for another hour or until the mushrooms are tender.
Divide amongst the bowls and serve!
You'll also love
- Rich Chocolate Brownies 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Fudge 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Coconut Cream After Dinner Mints 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- NEW POTATO SALAD 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Southern Fried Corn 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Panera Bread™ Tomato Soup... 4.1/5 (75 Votes)
- Broccoli-Corn Casserole 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlets with Mushrooms and... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)