Similar to Olive Garden
This makes about 5 quarts.
Serve with hot French bread.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion - minced
- 1/2 cup zucchini - chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans - 1 inch long (Italian if possible)
- 1/2 stalk celery - minced
- 1/2 cup carrots - shredded
- 4 cloves of garlic - minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans - drained
- 2 cans (15 oz) small white beans (cannellini) - drained
- 1 can (14 oz) tomatoes - diced, drained
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta (any type small pasta - like Acini Di Pepe-careful not to use to much this sucks up a lot of liquid)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup red wine
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
In as large pot heat olive oil on medium heat.
When oil is hot add onions, celery, garlic, green beans, carrots, and zucchini to the pot and saute until onions are soft and translucent around 5 to 8 minutes.
Next add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, beans, hot water and spices listed above to the pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Next add the spinach and pasta and cook another 20 minutes.
When pasta is done - serve.
You'll also love
- Tuna Noodle Casserole 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Mario Batali's Penne alla Vodka 4.1/5 (79 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Muffins 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Apple... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Panera Bread™ Tomato Soup... 4.1/5 (70 Votes)
- TJ’s Chicken Tortilla Soup 4.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup 4.5/5 (33 Votes)