NEW POTATO SALAD
I loved the crunchyness of this salad. And, because it calls for more sour cream than mayo, it is healthier.
- 2 lbs of yukon gold or red potatoes, (you can leave the peel on if you want) cut into 1-inch pieces. I cooked the potatoes first, whole, and then cut them up.
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard (your favorite, yellow, dijon, stone ground)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 dill pickles, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 slices bacon, cook and finely chopped
- coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Method 1. In large pot cover potatoes with cold, salted water (1 teaspoon salt). Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
Drain, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. (If you want, add some pickle juice to to the drained still slightly warm potatoes.
The Potatoes will absorb some of the juices, making them even tastier!
In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and mustard. Add a little salt and pepper.
Add the potatoes, and use a rubber spatula to gently combine. Add the rest of the ingredients, again gently combining. (Include a couple tablespoons of the pickle juice for good measure.)
Season to taste with salt and pepper.