- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided in half
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 jar marshmallow creme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, optional
Adapted from freerecipenetwork.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread the nuts onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven 5-7 minutes until toasted.
Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly.
Remove nuts from oven and set aside to cool.
Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil letting the foil extend up the two short sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends.
In a saucepan, combine sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin, butter and spice.
Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Boil, stirring constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234° to 240º F (soft-ball stage).
Quickly stir in white chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, 3/4 cup walnuts and vanilla extract.
Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until morsels are melted. Immediately pour into prepared pan and top with remaining walnuts.
Let stand on wire rack for 2 hours or until completely cooled. Refrigerate covered.
Cut into 1-inch pieces.