Strawberry Souffle Pancakes
These are not your everyday pancakes. Fresh berries and Grand Marnier make this pancake recipe an impressive dish everyone loves.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup strawberries plus 1 tablespoon sugar (you can use any type of berries you want)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Beat two of the egg yolks with the half-and-half (reserve the third yolk for another purpose). Add the flour slowly, stirring just enough to combine. Stir in the sugar, salt, melted butter and Grand Marnier. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gently mix egg whites into batter.
Heat a lightly greased 8-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, or a heavy cast-iron skillet, over moderately high heat or until oil bubbles.
Pour the batter into the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until bottom of the pancake is browned and bubbles appear around the edges, for 5 to 8 minutes.
Arrange the berries gently on top of the batter. Place the pan 4 to 5 inches below the broiler and cook until the top of the pancake is brown and the center is just set but still soft. Now place the pan in a 450°F oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
Gently slide the pancake onto a warmed serving place, dust with powdered sugar and whisk it to the table. Serve with more sliced strawberries and raspberries.
You'll also love
- Wicked Chicken 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Candy Cane Jello Shots 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Beef Brisket 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Asparagus & Chicken Enchiladas 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Pumpkin Scones 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Bruschetta with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Muffins 4.5/5 (22 Votes)