My SIL's recipe for Brisket (see Brisket BBQ sauce recipe as that is what you serve with it).
- 5 lb. beef brisket
- celery salt
- dry parsley
- slices of onion
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- garlic salt
Preparation time 300mins
Cover beef with liquid smoke, salt, pepper, celery salt, paprika, parsley, garlic salt and slices of onion.
Bake in HEAVY foil at 300 degrees for 1 hour per pound of beef.
**I usually slightly freeze - it makes slicing easier. Slice thin.
Keep slices in original shape - close foil up.
Re-heat (45 minutes)taking care to keep brisket covered so it does not dry out**
** my SIL's notes - I don't freeze & reheat as I am not trying to get the mileage from thinner slices**
You'll also love
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Chicken & Roasted Red Potatoes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Fireside Beef Stew with Squash 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken-Fried Hamburgers 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Smoked Brisket 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Harissa Beef Brisket 4.6/5 (10 Votes)