Lemon Ricotta Muffins
What you can expect: A rush of fluffy and crunchy textures and bright citrus and sweet almond flavors.
- 1 cup sugar with the zest of 3 lemons rubbed in
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- Juice of one zested lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Adapted from linzersinlondon.blogspot.co.uk
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line or grease 12 muffin cups.
In a large bowl, preferably with an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy, 1 cup sugar with the zest of 3 lemons rubbed in and butter. Beat in, ricotta cheese.
Add, mixing well, egg, lemon juice and almond extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk together, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet, just until combined, and divide the batter among the muffin cups.
Sprinkle with chopped or slivered almonds and a bit of sugar, and bake until pale golden, about 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Coconut Oil Banana Bread 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Spicy Louisiana Cajun Shrimp With... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Mushroom Soup 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Bruschetta 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Crock Pot - Monkey Bread 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Strawberry-Lemon Refrigerator Jam 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (28 Votes)