Smoked Sausage With Cabbage Sweet Potatoes And Apple
Nutrition Facts per serving:
- 1 lb smoked sausage, diagonnally cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 1 (13 3/4 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. Mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2/3 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs. green cabbage, shredded coarse (6 packed cups)
- 1 large Golden Delicious or other firm apple, quartered, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Stir chicken broth and mustard in deep 12 inch skillet until blended. Stir in mustard seeds.
2. Bring to boil over high heat. Add potatoes and onions, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 5 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until potatoes are almost tender.
3. Add sausage and cabbage. Cover and cook about 15 minutes longer, stirring once or twice, until potatoes are tender and cabbage is crisp-tender. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer additional 3 minutes until apple is crisp-tender.
4. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer 3 minutes until apple is crisp-tender.
You'll also love
- Crescent Zucchini Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pesto Lasagna with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sausage Pancakes-on-Sticks- The... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Potato Croquettes 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Simple Strawberry Jello Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Seared Shrimp, Scallop and Grape... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Kale, Bacon, and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Caramel Crockpot Dessert 4.5/5 (4 Votes)