Apple Caramel Crockpot Dessert
This was a huge hit with the kids! The caramel and apples blended together nicely. The next time I make this I'm going to use caramel spread instead of the candies, and make it in my smaller slow cooker. I did find that it was ready well before the 5 hours. Cooking times will vary greatly from slow cooker to slow cooker We served it over vanilla frozen yogurt, but it would be really nice over cake as well.
- 5 * 5 apples
- 1 * 1 C. apple juice
- 14 * 14 oz. caramel candies
- 2 * 2 t. vanilla
- 1 * 1 t. cinnamon
- 2/3 * 2/3 C. peanut butter
Adapted from canadianparents.com
1. Peel, core and cut each apple into 16 wedges. Set aside.
2. Combine apple juice, caramels, vanilla and cinnamon in the crockpot. Add the apples. Add the peanut butter by teaspoons to the apples. Stir.
3. Cook and cover for 5 hours on Low. Stir to mix thoroughly and cook 1 more hour.
4. Serve over angel food cake with vanilla ice cream.