- 1 1/3 pounds potatoes (600g), peeled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese (120ml)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley (120ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 mozzarella ball, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (240ml)
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Boil potatoes until fork tender and let cool for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, mash potatoes. For a creamier texture, use a potato ricer. Add freshly grated parmigiano cheese, chopped parsley, salt and pepper, one egg and mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. Grab a handful of mashed potatoes and create logs that are 1 1/2 inch thick by 3 inches long. With your finger, create an indentation in the middle of the log and add a slice of mozzarella. Close up the logs and make sure mozzarella is fully covered. Reshape if necessary.
3. For the batter, dip potato logs in a beaten egg and cover with breadcrumbs.
4. Fry in hot extra virgin olive oil until the potato croquettes are crispy and golden brown.
5. Let cool on a paper towel and serve warm