Caramelized Pineapple and Chicken Quesadillas with Spicy Strawberry Salsa
These caramelized pineapple and chicken quesadillas with spicy strawberry salsa are packed with bold, fresh flavors that will blow you away.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, cubed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 vidalia onion, diced
- 1 small poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled and shredded
- 6 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro, freshly torn
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, freshly torn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from howsweeteats.com
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add pineapple and toss with salt and cinnamon, cooking until caramelized and golden, flipping occasionally—about 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove pineapple and place in a bowl, then add another 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil, tossing in onions and peppers with a pinch of salt. Stir and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from the skillet and place in the bowl with the pineapple.
Reduce the heat in the skillet to low, add another 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Place a tortilla down, then cover in a sprinkling of cheese (make sure you leave enough for the second quesadilla), chicken, the pineapple, onions and peppers, and cilantro, then add another sprinkle of cheese. Cook until tortilla is golden, then gently flip, keeping the ingredients inside, and cook until other side is golden. Repeat with remaining quesadilla, and serve with strawberry salsa.
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix thoroughly. The longer it sits, the more flavor that develops. Keeps well in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Couscous with Chicken & Vegetables 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken with Dumplings 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream and... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Strawberry Ice Cream 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pineapple Jam (Made Easy) 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken Queso Casserole 4/5 (31 Votes)
- One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and... 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)