Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream and Waffle Cone
- Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp agave
- toss it back into the freezer for a couple hours. Voila. Simply Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream. And no artificial flavors!
- Waffle Cone
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanila
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- oil for the iron
Simply freeze the sliced bananas and chopped strawberries for 3 hours. Remove from the freezer, and toss them into a blender with the milk and agave. And then, blend. You’ll have to stop every so often to scrape the sides down. At first, it’s going to look crumbly. But just keep blending, and it will suddenly turn really smooth and creamy. Once it’s nice and creamy, simple pour it into an airtight container, and toss it back into the freezer for a couple hours.
1) Mix the almond milk and the canola oil together. This takes the place of heavy cream in the recipe. Once you’ve mixed them, add all of the other ingredients and mix until smooth. Let the batter rest for around half an hour.
2) Heat a waffle cone iron or skillet (don’t use a regular waffle iron, it won’t work) with a little oil in the bottom. Add the batter into the iron. Try to spread the batter out as thinly as possible, sort of like making a crepe. Flip the cake and brown on both sides. Note: don’t worry if the first two don’t come out correctly.
3) Once the cakes are browned, roll them around a paper cone, or slice them if you’d like waffle chips instead. To make them harden faster, put them in the freezer , but leaving them out will work just fine, too.
Once they’re hard, fill them up with Strawberry Ice Cream.