Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers with Ginger & Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers with Ginger and Green Onion Dipping Sauce is the perfect recipe to feed a hungry crowd some zesty and delicious pot stickers. Freeze them for up to 3 months and have a heathy and scrumptious snack any time. Filled with the rich flavors of soy sauce, crisp water chestnuts, and fresh cilantro, this recipe will surely become a family-favorite.
- GINGER AND GREEN ONION DIPPING SAUCE:
- 8 ounces ground chicken breast, uncooked, about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup canned whole or sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 recipe ginger and green onion dipping sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Lightly flour a baking sheet; set aside.
For filling, in a large bowl combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onion, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
In a small bowl lightly beat together egg white and the 1 tablespoon water. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges with egg white mixture. Fold wrappers in half across filling, bringing opposite corners together. Pleat edges and press to seal. Arrange pot stickers on prepared baking sheet. Keep filled pot stickers covered while filling remaining wrappers.
Loosely cover the pot stickers with plastic wrap and freeze about 3 hours or until completely frozen. Transfer pot stickers to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 2 months. Place Ginger and Green Onion Dipping Sauce in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 2 months.
In an extra-large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Place the frozen pot stickers in the skillet, arranging them so they aren't touching. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely browned on the bottom. Carefully add the 1/2 cup water to the skillet. Cover. Reduce heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until tender and filling is cooked through.
While pot stickers are cooking, place the freezer bag with the sauce on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) about 30 seconds or until thawed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve sauce with the pot stickers.
GINGER AND GREEN ONION DIPPING SAUCE:
In a small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, green onions, ginger, sugar, and sesame oil.
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Street Corn Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Quinoa Shrimp Fried Rice 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Braised Beef Ragu with Gemelli 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Beer-Braised Sausages with Warm... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cheese Straws 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate Cutout Cookie 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Homemade Barbecue Pulled Pork... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)