One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Rice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 20. oz can crushed pineapple
- Olive oil
- Teriyaki Sauce/Glaze
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
1.Whisk together Teriyaki Sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add 1/3 cup of this sauce plus 1 tablespoon olive oil and chicken to a freezer bag and marinate 1 hour up to overnight. Refrigerate remaining Teriyaki Sauce separately.
2.When ready to cook, strain pineapple juice from crushed pineapple and add water to strained juice to equal 3 ½ cups liquid (“Pineapple Water”). Set aside.
3.Stir reserved Teriyaki Sauce and add to large skillet (nonstick works best). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until slightly thickened, stirring constantly (glaze will continue to thicken upon standing). Remove Teriyaki Glaze to same bowl it was refrigerated in.
4.Wipe skillet (doesn’t have to be thorough) and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat. Let excess marinade drip off chicken and add to skillet. Cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side (3 minutes on each side for thighs) or until nicely browned (will not be all the way cooked through) and remove to a plate.
5.Wipe skillet and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and Pineapple Water. Bring to a simmer then stir in crushed pineapple and rice. Cover, reduce to medium low and cook for 12 minutes. Stir rice and nestle chicken on top and brush with Teriyaki Glaze. Cover and continue to cook for an additional 8-12 minutes or until rice and chicken are cooked through.
6.Brush chicken with additional Teriyaki Glaze and season rice with freshly cracked salt and pepper. Add sriracha for some heat if desired.
You'll also love
- Charcoal-Grilled Barbecued Chicken... 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Italian Pot Roast with Penne 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Rustic Italian Chicken... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Self-Rising Pineapple Upside-Down... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pineapple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Caramel Chicken Thighs Mekong-Style 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (16 Votes)