Pineapple Jam (Made Easy)
Making homemade pineapple is really easy to do. This recipe uses canned crushed pineapple, pineapple juice and pectin. Slather the jam on cream cheese and crackers and you have a fantastic appetizer/snack. I use this as a glaze for baked ham, too. Recipe is slightly adapted from Colleen's Recipes.
- 1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple (sweetened)
- 6 to 8 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice*
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1.75 ounce box Sure Jell pectin powder
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
If you've never made jam, the water canning method, having a large pot with lid is what you'll need. I also have a jar rack (you can order a complete kit on Amazon.com).
Prep the jars by cleaning them thoroughly (dishwasher is fine). I tend to heat mine by setting them in my large pot of water, then removing them with tongs. Set them on a large baking sheet, with a clean towel.
Empty the undrained can of crushed pineapple into a large measuring cup, and add enough pineapple juice to equal 3-1/4 cups. (Buying six-pack of small pineapple juice is helpful.)
Optional: If you like a less chunky jam, either use an immersion blender to break the pineapple down-- or carefully pulse in a food processor.
In a large pot, add the pineapple and juice, and pectin and bring to a rolling boil.
Add all of the sugar, at once and stir.
Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add the butter, and continue stirring for 1-3 minutes. (I like to put a metal spoon into the freezer. I dip the spoon into the jam and if it thickens well, then it's ready).
Using a ladle, fill the sanitized canning jars (this makes 5 cups), and with a clean, warm, damp cloth, quickly wipe off the rims of the full jars and put the two piece lids on. Process the jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Remove and cool on the counter.
You'll also love
- Cod with Parmesan Sauce 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Fried Pickles 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Bruschetta with Fresh Basil 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Shrimp & Zucchini... 4/5 (58 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Pie Dumplings 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Rustic Caramel Apple Tart 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
Review this recipe