Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks with Spinach, Avocado and Orange Salad
This simple 30-minute recipe - honey garlic chicken drumsticks with spinach, avocado and orange salad - uses basic ingredients, is easy to make, and is healthy.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp pure liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 1/2 large handfuls or 1/2 (5 oz/142 g pkg) baby spinach
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from mealime.com
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a small baking dish with non-stick aluminum foil (optional). Place 4 chicken drumsticks in dish and season with salt and pepper. Put dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile...
2. Peel and crush (or mince) 2 cloves garlic. In a small bowl, mix together garlic, 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, 2 tbsp pure liquid honey, and 1/2 tsp parsley flakes. Set aside.
3. After chicken has been cooking for 10 minutes, remove dish from oven, pour sauce over chicken and turn to coat evenly. Put back in the oven and bake until cooked through, 10-15 minutes.Meanwhile...
4. Squeeze juice from 1/4 orange into a salad bowl. Peel and crush (or mince) 1 clove garlic and add to salad bowl. Then add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Whisk together.
5. Peel remaining 3/4 orange, cut into slices, and add to salad bowl. Cut 1/2 avocado into cubes while still in skin, scoop out with a spoon, and add to salad bowl.
6. Wash and dry 2 1/2 large handfuls (1/2 pkg) baby spinach in a salad spinner and add to salad bowl. Alternatively, you can wash spinach in a colander, then transfer to a paper towel and pat dry.
7. Serve honey garlic chicken drumsticks with the spinach, avocado and orange salad on the side. Enjoy for dinner and lunch!
You'll also love
- Olive Oil Poached Egg 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Snow Ice Cream 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Banana Bread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Stuffed Shells with Pumpkin-Bacon... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Madeleines au Citron - Lemon... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Lemon Chicken 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Mini Orange Angel Food Cakes 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Spiced Orange and Vanilla Pudding 4.3/5 (25 Votes)