Olive Oil Poached Egg
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 Egg
- Pinch or two of dried herbs, such as rosemary and thyme
- One garlic clove, peeled and smashed
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil, herbs and garlic over medium-low heat (3-4 minutes). You want it hot, but not sizzling.
2. Crack the egg into a small dish then slide it into the oil. Cook until the egg white is firm, flicking the oil with a spoon or spatula to reach the yolk and other spots that are above the oil.
3. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with salt and serve with toast if desired.