Madeleines au Citron - Lemon Madeleines
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour (I used a White Whole Wheat)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cups Butter
- 1 Lemon, zested and squeezed
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Add eggs and sugar in a clean bowl.
2. Begin mixing on high using an electric beater.
3. Beat until light and foamy.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
5. Mix well.
6. Sift in two installments into the egg mixture, mixing each time.
7. Mix until completely combines
8. Melt butter in the microwave.
9. Add butter to mixture and combine.
10. Add zest of lemon.
11. Add lemon juice.
12. Mix until combined.
13. Butter and flour a madeleine pan.
14. Using a spoon, move batter to molds, filling 2/3 full. I did 3/4 of a heaping tbsp per mold for a 2.5" madeleine.
15. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
16. Bake for 8 minutes at 350.
17. Remove from pan and cool.
18. Store in air-tight containers after cooled until ready for consummation.