WINGS: Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 10 pounds chicken wings, split
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Sriracha chile sauce
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Finely grated zest and juice of 3 limes
- 3 quarts vegetable oil, for frying
In a very large bowl, toss the wings with the coriander and cumin seeds, cinnamon, kosher salt and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the wings on 3 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 30 minutes, until firm but not cooked through. (At this point, if you don't want to fry the wings, you can roast them for 1 hour longer, until crispy and golden.) Wash out the bowl. Add the Sriracha, butter, cilantro, lime zest and juice.
In a deep fryer or a very large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil to 375°.
Fry the wings in 4 or 5 batches until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes per batch; drain, shaking off the excess oil. As each batch is finished, add the wings to the sauce and toss well. Transfer the wings to a platter, leaving the sauce in the bowl for the remaining batches. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Maple Chicken with Peach... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- TGI Friday's Artichoke & Spinach... 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Frito Chicken Tenders with Buffalo... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Bruschetta 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Roll-ups... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken-Fried Hamburgers 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken Peanut Noodles 4.4/5 (25 Votes)