Watermelon, Grapefruit and Scallop Ceviche
Fresh and fruity, this ceviche recipe highlights sweet watermelon with tart grapefruit with some heat from habanero peppers. Perfect for a hot summer evening meal.
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, seeded if necessary
- 1 pound all-natural ("dry") sea scallops, side muscles removed, cut into eighths
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped habanero pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cut the grapefruit into the segments with no skin or membrane. Squeeze the juice from the membrane into a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; discard membrane. Drain the pieces and add the juice to the measuring cup. Juice the second grapefruit and add enough to make 2/3 cup. Refrigerate the grapefruit segments and watermelon seperately.
In a medium nonreactive bowl, combine the scallops, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, red onion and habanero. Cover and chill until the scallops are opaque, about 30 minutes.
Drain the scallop mixture in a fine sieve and transfer to a large bowl. Gently stir in the watermelon, grapefruit and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve cold on small plates or in bowls.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Mousse Pie 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Portuguese Fried Salt Cod With... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chilled Watermelon Soup 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spicy Lime Grilled Shrimp 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Pepper Jelly 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Barbecued Shrimp in Lettuce Wraps 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Egg Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)