Zucchini & Summer Squash Salad, Grilled
Looking for a healthy and delicious side dish? Try this grilled zucchini-and-summer squash salad in a citrus marinade.
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 red onions
- 4 zucchini, each halved lengthwise (about 1 1/4-pounds)
- 4 yellow squash, each halved lengthwise (about 1-pound)
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
Peel onions, leaving root intact; cut each onion into 4 wedges. Add onion, zucchini, and yellow squash to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
When ready to cook, prepare grill.
Drain vegetables in a colander over a bowl, reserving marinade.
Place vegetables on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 8 minutes or until tender; turn and baste occasionally with 3/4 cup of the marinade. Place the vegetables on a serving platter; sprinkle with the basil. Serve the vegetables with the remaining marinade.
You'll also love
- Berry Breakfast Smoothie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Beef & Vegetable Kabobs 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Syrup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Corn and Cheese Cakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Toffee Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauteed Squash 5/5 (1 Votes)