Grilled Cuban Chicken with Black Bean and Mango Salsa
Weight Watchers Points 5
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/4 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 5-ounce pieces
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh mango, cubed
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 sprays non-stick cooking spray
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a small bowl, combine orange juice, cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; remove 1/2 cup and place in a large zip-close plastic bag. Add chicken to bag and turn to coat; seal bag and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
Meanwhile, to make salsa, add beans, mango and onion to bowl with orange juice mixture; toss, cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
When ready to cook, coat grill or gill pan with cooking spray; preheat over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
Grill chicken, turning as needed, until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving plates and spoon salso over chicken; pour any liquid left in botom of bowl over top.
Yields 1 piece of chicken and about 1/2 cup of salsa per serving