Chilled Summer Squash Soup
You can do this quickly on the stove, but I opted to do it in my slow cooker so I could keep the house cool. No matter how you cook it – fast or slow – you will need to chill the soup for a few hours before serving.
- 4 cups yellow summer squash, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 3 tablespoons Massel Vegan Chicken Style Concentrated Liquid Stock or 2 vegan bouillon cubes
- 2 (4-inch) sprigs of fresh thyme (or 2-teaspoon dried)
- 1 (2-inch) sprig fresh rosemary (or 1/8-teaspoon ground dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2-teaspoon granulated)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from healthyslowcooking.com
Add everything except for the salt and pepper to a 4 quart slow cooker and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Or you can put it all in a large sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Puree the mixture in a blender or food processor and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
You can play with the herbs in this and lemons balm, lemon basil or even mint would make a tasty addition.
You'll also love
- Avocado and Watercress Salad with... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sausage Spinach Salad 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Swanson Sensational Chicken Noodle... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Pie 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Carolina Red Slaw 4.7/5 (3 Votes)