Catfish stew is the rich, creamy, and comforting dish that you're going to crave every night of the week. Filled with scrumptious potatoes, onions, catfish chunks, and stewed sweet corn, for a succulent stew dish that pairs well with your favorite crusty bread and a glass of light white wine or chardonnay. Garnish this recipe with fresh parsley or chives for an added pop of freshness.
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1-pound of catfish filets cut into chunks
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 cups of diced potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) can of stewed corn
- 2 cups of milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Sauté onions in butter. Add fish, water, potatoes, basil, salt, and black pepper.
Cover and simmer until potatoes are done, approximately 15 minutes.
Stir in corn and milk; heat thoroughly, but do not boil. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Maple French Toast & Bacon Cupcakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Petite Smoked Salmon and Avocado... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Crab... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Philly Sliders 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spiced Seared Tuna Gazpacho 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hummus 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime 5/5 (1 Votes)