Hot Asiago Crab & Artichoke Dip
Hot asiago cheese and crab are mixed with creamy deliciousness and heated through, then topped with homemade pico de gallo. Serve with corn tortilla chips or toasted crostini.
- CRAB DIP:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I use reduced-fat)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I use fat-free greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided (I regularly split with Fontina, can also substitute Monterrey jack or Mozzarella)
- 1 (14 ounce) can of quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 to 12 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- For the pico de gallo:
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion tops, chopped
- Squeeze of lime juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Beat the cream cheese, mayo, and yogurt together until smooth. Add the white and light parts of the green onions (dark green parts will be used for the pico), lemon juice, and 1 1/4 cup grated cheese. Fold in artichokes and crab. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and spread evenly, sprinkling the remaining cheese on top.. Bake for about 20 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
To make the pico, toss all ingredients together and set aside until ready to serve.
Remove the dip from the oven, top with pico, and serve with blue corn tortilla chips, crackers, or toasted crostini.
Best when hot or very warm, leftovers will keep a couple of days. Can be assembled ahead of time and then baked at the last minute.
You'll also love
- COCONUT CLOUD 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Watermelon Juice 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Wholesome Granola Bars 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Summer Garden Succotash 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Chili Relleno Squares 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Kneaders Pumpkin Chocolate Chip... 4/5 (70 Votes)
- Cod with Mushrooms, Garlic &... 4.7/5 (21 Votes)