Cherry Cream Cheese Candy Cane Crescent
"Crescent rolls are shaped like a candy cane and get stuffed with a cherry and cream cheese filling for an easy Christmas brunch treat." - Holly from Yummy Tummies blog
- 2 packages of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 8 ounces cream cheese; softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from 3yummytummies.com
Preheat oven to 350°F
On a cookie sheet, arrange crescent roll triangles pointing inward into the shape of a candy cane with edges overlapping (see photos above). Lightly press triangles together to seal. I used exactly 1½ packages of crescent rolls to make the candy cane shape.
In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar, add egg; beat until smooth.
Using a teaspoon, spoon cream cheese filling onto the larger part of each triangle; leaving around ½ on inch from the edges. You will have extra cheese left.
Add teaspoons of cherry filling over the top of the cream cheese.
Fold tops of triangles towards the base end of each triangle and press lightly to seal. Using the extra croissant roll dough, cut the triangle ends off of 2 rolls to fill in extra spaces at the top of the candy cane as necessary.
Bake for around 15 minutes or until top of pastry is golden brown.
Allow cooling slightly before adding glaze.
Beat together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. May add an additional ½ tablespoon of milk if too thick.
Using a teaspoon, drizzle glaze over crescent tops of candy cane
You'll also love
- Hot Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Makeover White Christmas Cake 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Holiday Sausage Stuffing 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Pear Nut Bread 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Crock Pot Apple Pie Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta 4.1/5 (72 Votes)
- Taco Cornbread Casserole 4/5 (79 Votes)
- Strawberry French Toast 4.5/5 (26 Votes)