Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta
Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta is the perfect recipe to feed a crowd with minimal effort. Cook the spaghetti just to soften it, then allow it to finish cooking in the sauce.
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce or to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) container Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from theburghbaby.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Prepare the spaghetti according to the directions on the box. Cook to al dente. Drain.
Lightly spray nonstick cooking spray inside a 13x9-inch baking pan or 2 9-inch round pans. Toss the spaghetti together with the sauce and pour it into the pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, egg, and spices. Spread the cheese stuff over top of the spaghetti.
Cover with foil. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Or, cook it at 375°F for 20 minutes and then turn the broiler on high for about 3 minutes. You'll end up with that pizza-like cheese on top. If using the broiler method, keep a close eye on the dish, and remove when the cheese is browned and bubbly.
Allow to cool and rest for about 15 minutes, then serve.
You'll also love
- Kelly's Baked Beans with Bacon &... 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Taco Cornbread Casserole 3.9/5 (117 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Brisket Recipe -... 3.8/5 (114 Votes)
- Chicken & Waffles For Two 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Asparagus 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Balsamic Peach Chicken Skillet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Cake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken and Bow-tie... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)