Shrimp & Spinach Alfredo
This rich and creamy Shrimp and Spinach Alfredo recipe is so good! Can be prepped, cooked and ready to serve not much longer than it takes to boil water and cook the pasta.
- 2 pounds shrimp, deveined and shells/tails removed
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 bag prewashed baby spinach
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound pasta, your choice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Start by heating the water for the pasta. You can do everything else in the time it takes for the water to boil and the pasta to cook.
Saute the spinach in a dry non stick skillet until just wilted. When cooled, squeeze the moisture out of it. Reserve.
Put the same pan back on a medium burner and add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Saute the shrimp until just pink. Reserve.
Wipe out the pan, but it back on medium and melt 4 tablespoons butter. When melted, add the onion and saute until translucent (about 2 minutes).
Add the garlic and saute another minute or so.
Sprinkle the flour onto the onion and garlic mixture and cook another minute. If it clumps up too much, add a little more butter.
Pour in the cream and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Add the cheese, stirring to melt. Reduce to low and let thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
When the pasta is done, just mix everything together! If the sauce gets too thick, just add a bit more cream or even a little bit of the pasta cooking water to thin it a little bit.
You'll also love
- Strawberry-Lemon Refrigerator Jam 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp & Pineapple... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Corn & Ricotta Dip 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Real Margaritas 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- The Best Chicken Fajitas by Iowa... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Basic Crepes 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Corn and Bean Salad... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Mini Spinach-Artichoke Frittatas 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
Review this recipe