Cheddar's New Orleans Pasta with Alfredo Sauce
Creamy Alfredo sauce combines with salsa to make a spicier version of the classic pasta sauce. Shrimp and sautéed peppers are added to penne pasta to make Cheddar's New Orleans Pasta.
- ALFREDO SAUCE:
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon blackening spice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 ounces butter, unsalted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and keep hot.
Prepare the Alfredo Sauce (directions below).
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and sauté for 4 minutes until soft.
Add chicken and sausage to pan, cook for 5 more minutes until chicken has cooked through.
Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the prepared Alfredo Sauce to the pan, along with the salsa. Bring to a simmer. Remove the shrimp.
Add the cooked penne and toss with the sauce. Divide between 4 large plates or bowls. Top each serving with 4 shrimp and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Place butter, cream and garlic in a 4-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn to a simmer and reduce by 20 percent.
Add cheese and whisk well until smooth.
Add salt and pepper.
Use sauce in above recipe. Can be made ahead and refrigerate
You'll also love
- Chipped Beef Dip in Bread Bowl 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Strawberry Heaven 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with... 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Spicy Tuna Cakes 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Homemade Flour Pasta 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken Peanut Noodles 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Broiled Salmon with a White Bean,... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Santa Maria Style California BBQ... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)