The Best Chicken Fajitas by Iowa Girl Eats
The The Best Chicken Fajitas ever feature sautéed bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms--oh, yum! The paprika and cumin lend a nice smokey flavor to the dish. The recipe feeds a crowd and is best served with your favorite refried bean recipe or over a lightly dressed salad. This recipe can be served the traditional way in a the type of tortillas of your choice with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil (almond, grape seed, vegetable, etc.)
- 1 lemon
- gluten-free seasoned salt
- cumin to taste
- smoked paprika, optional, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from frame.bloglovin.com
Season chicken strips with seasoned salt and a pinch of both cumin and smoked paprika then mix and set aside. Add vegetables to a large bowl then toss with your hands to mix.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat. When it begins to smoke, add a third of the vegetables then season with seasoned salt, a sprinkle of cumin, and a drizzle of fresh lemon juice, about 1 to 2 teaspoons. Let vegetables sit undisturbed until seared on the bottom then continue to saute, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes, turning heat down if they begin to burn. Remove vegetables to a plate. Repeat searing vegetables in two more batches, each in their own 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, adding seasonings and lemon juice to each batch.
Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in skillet then add chicken, drizzle over a little lemon juice, then sauté until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add vegetables back into skillet then toss to heat through.
Divide fajita mixture between plates then serve.
You'll also love
- Basic Crepes 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Fireside Beef Stew with Squash 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Roll-ups... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Cherry Chicken Salad 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon Roasted Chicken Salad Wrap 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Enchiladas 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Chicken, Spinach & Cannellini Bean... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)